Parliament Building of Germany is popularly known as The Reichstag, but the official name is ‘Plenarbereich Reichstagsgebäude’. This is a historical building in Berlin, Germany. It was opened in 1894 and housed the Reichstag until 1933, when it was severely damaged in a fire. After World War II, the building was abandoned, since the parliament of the German Democratic Republic (East Germany) was relocated to the Palace of the Republic in East Berlin and the parliament of the Federal Republic of Germany (West Germany) was relocated to the Bundeshaus in Bonn.
The ruined building was made safe against the elements and partially refurbished in the 1960s, but no attempt at full restoration was made until after German reunification on October 3, 1990, when it underwent a reconstruction led by internationally renowned architect Norman Foster. After its completion in 1999, it once again became the official building of the German parliament: the modern Bundestag.
The Modern Reichstag is one of the building designed to maximizing use of renewable energy source, especially solar energy and biofuel.